Do you need help finding your specific calling, finishing your book or story, or simply arranging your life so that you wake up energized and ready to roll? Have all of your attempts to do it alone failed?
I can be the guide and motivator you need – the one who helps you find your path, and reach your goals.
All of my mentoring and coaching revolves around four points:
Where should I be going?
Where am I now?
How does this align with where I am going?
Do I need to make corrections to get to where I'm supposed to be?
What about the “non-creatives?” What about those who claim to have no talents? See below!
So you don’t think you’re creative, right? You’re listening to your brain and not your heart, friend. You’re hearing the echos of every criticism you’ve received since you gave up your crayons and left your blanket fort.
Remember those days? Yep, you sure were a creative then. Now, you say, not so much.
You’re every bit as creative as you were as a child. You just turned away from it for awhile. But now you instinctively long to return. Otherwise, why would you be reading this?
You know you are a creative. You just need a safe place and encouragement to create.
Welcome, my friend. You’ve found a creative home where respect for your art and your heart abide. Let’s do this...
In Person One-On-One Half Day and Full Day Creativity Intensives
What is a creativity intensive?
It’s a half or full day one-on-one session where we explore your passions and help you focus so you can come away ready to express your creativity in the areas about which you are the most passionate. We can do this in person or by virtual connection such as Skype or Google Hangout. You can come to beautiful middle Tennessee and combine our time with a vacation or I can come to you for my expenses. You can also form a group and I can do an intensive for a group with one-on-one sessions during our time for a cost that would be less for each person.
What is included in an intensive?
A Half Day Intensive focuses on your primary creative outlet and includes:
1. Questionnaire, emails, and conversations before the date of the intensive
2. Interview with prompts designed to help “tease out” ideas and ways to express your creativity in current and new directions
3. (Weather and location permitting) Labyrinth workshop and walks as walking mediations, again, to help release thoughts and inspirations for new directions
4. Quiet time to write and begin to assemble what has been learned through the morning
5. Time to go over the notes and thoughts to pull the disparate elements into a cohesive direction
6. Time to put together an action plan to go forward with including goal setting and then specific tasks and timelines to help you achieve goals
A Full Day Intensive allows time to talk about incorporating creativity in multiple areas of your life. It includes all of the above, plus:
7. Extended time for interviews, prompts, labyrinth walks, writing and review sessions to allow time to explore multiple creative outlets
9. Your own copy of the Passion Planner (www.passionplanner.com), a session to teach you about it and how to use it as a tool, and a time to begin entering information, appointments, tasks, goals, inspirations, and an action plan to get you on track and keep you on track once your return home
10. Follow up with additional emails and conversations at the 30 and 60 day periods after you return home to keep you on track and to help with any adjustments you might need to make upon “re-entry”
2020 Tentative Locations
New Harmony, IN
Check back for additional locations
Request more information
Six Weeks to Your Creative Life
For anyone who feels a creative calling of any kind, but needs help getting started or direction along the path.
We know we’re creatives.
We know we’re meant to do this. The calling speaks to us with every pulse of blood in our veins. So why don’t we write or paint or sculpt? What is keeping us from our calling?
Wake up knowing that today you will do something you were destined to do. Spend six weeks taking the steps to head in the direction of your creative calling.
This introductory package includes the following to get you out of your creative shadow and into your creative life:
1. Initial questionnaire to determine where you are and where you want to be
2. (6) weekly thirty-minute Skype/telephone conversations to establish goals and keep you on track
3. (6) weekly email exchanges to establish and check progress on goals and accomplishments
4. Final thirty-minute closing conference
Maybe you just can’t seem to make it to the page. I can help you develop goals, a schedule, and set deadlines to get you where you want to be.
Manuscript review and mentoring
Manuscript review and mentoring through the MTSU Write Creative Writing Program through Middle Tennessee State University. Terry is adjunct faculty through the MTSU Write program and works one on one with writers and their manuscripts on a semester by semester basis as assigned by the program. For more information about MTSU Write visit http://www.mtsu.edu/write